Last Updated: March 13, 2018
- What information does Cropolis collect?
- Registration Information. You need a Cropolis account before you can use any of the Cropolis services. When you register for an account, we collect your email, password, business name, business description, business address, business phone, and billing information (e.g. credit card number, expiration date). Billing information is handled by a third-party, Stripe.
- Product information. If you wish to send out an order form from your Cropolis account, we require you to add product information such as product name, description, inventory, price, unit, minimum order quantity, maximum order quantity.
- Address book. If you wish to send out an order form from your Cropolis account, we require you to add customer details such as customer names, customer emails, customer relationship to your farm, and notes about a customer.
*Cropolis does not, in any situation, sell these email address to any third parties.
- Order form information. When you send an order form, we require you to enter an order form title, notes about your business, products, or general comments, and an order close date. We store this data for you.
- Other data you intentionally share. We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you provide us with a testimonial, or participate in a Cropolis survey.
- What information does Cropolis collect indirectly when you use our services?
- Usage data. We collect data about whenever you interact with our services. This may include webpages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our sites (e.g. HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operations system versions, and timestamps.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Referral data. If you arrive at a Cropolis website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Information from page tags. We use third-party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage data and user statistics. Emails sent by Cropolis or by our users through our services may include page tags that allow the sender and Cropolis to collect information about who opened those emails and clinks on links in them. We do this to allow the email sender and Cropolis to measure the performance of their email messaging and to learn how to improve email deliverability and open rates.
- What information does Cropolis collect indirectly when you use our services?
- To manage our services. We internally user your information for the following purposes.:
- To monitor, maintain, and improve our services and features. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on the information we collect (including usage data, device data, referral data, order form and response data, and information from page tags) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our services, to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services, including to help us evaluate or devise new features. We may use your information for internal purposes designed to keep our services secure and operational, such as for troubleshooting and testing purposes, and for service improvement, marketing, and research and development purposes.
- To enforce our Terms of Service.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities
- To screen for and prevent undesirable or abusive activity. For example, we actively screen for spam and other fraudulent activity.
- To create new services, features, or content. We may use your order form and response data (and metadata) for our internal purposes to create and provide new services, features, or content. In relation to survey metadata, we may look at statistics like response rates and order volumes and publish observations about these for informational and marketing purposes. When we do this, neither Cropolis account holders or their customers will be identified or identifiable unless we have obtained their permission.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You cannot opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our services to you.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- With whom do we disclose data?
- Aggregate or de-identified information to third parties to improve or promote our services. No individuals can reasonably be identified or linked to any part of the information we share with third parties to improve or promote our services.
- Your information if required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena or other legal process served on us.
- Your information if there is a change in business ownership or structure. If ownership of all or nearly all of our business changes, or we undertake a corporate reorganization (including a merger, consolidation, or acquisition) or any other action or transfer between Cropolis entities, you expressly consent to Cropolis transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing our services. If required, Cropolis will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
- Information you expressly consent to be shared. For example, we may expressly request your permission to provide your contact details to third parties for various purposes, including to allow those third parties to contact you for marketing purposes. You may revoke your permission, but if you wish to stop receiving communications from a third party to which we provided your information with your permission, you will need to contact that third party directly.
- What are your rights to your information?
- Update your account details. You can update your registration and other account information by contacting Cropolis at email@example.com. All requests regarding account information updates will be handled within one (1) business day.
- Access and correct your personal information. As an account holder, you may access and correct certain personal information that Cropolis holds about you by contacting Cropolis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some account holders and other individuals (including those whose information we receive under the EU-US Privacy Shield and the US Swiss Safe Harbor) have certain legal rights to obtain information of whether we hold personal information about them, to access personal information we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. Requests to exercise these rights must be directed to our customer support team at email@example.com. These rights are subject to some exceptions, such as where giving you access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights with a reasonable time and, where required by law or where we deem it otherwise appropriate and practicable to do so, we will honor your request.
- Download/backup your data. We provide you with the ability to export and share your order form and sales data in a variety of formats. This allows you to create your own backups or conduct offline data analysis. Please refer to the Cropolis Helpdesk reporting section for further instructions.
- Delete your data. Deleting account data will not permanently delete your data immediately. As long as you maintain an account with us, we may retain your deleted data for a limited time in case you delete something by accident and need to restore it. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with requests to restore data. To the extent permitted by law, we will permanently delete your data if you request. If your data was previously made available to the public through a public link, additional copies of your data may remain available on the Internet even after your account has been deleted.
- Cancel your account. To cancel and delete your account, please contact customer support at email@example.com. Deleting your account will cause all data in your account to be to be permanently deleted from our systems with a reasonable time period, as permitted by law, and will immediately disable your access to any other services that require a Cropolis account. We will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information with the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete personal data unless the request is not technically feasible, or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law).
- Security, Cookies and other Important Information
We are committed to handling your personal information and data with integrity and care. However, regardless of the security protections and precautions we undertake, there is always a risk that your personal data may be viewed and used by unauthorized third parties as a result of collecting and transmitting your data through the Internet. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data locations. Our servers are based in the United States, so your personal information will be hosted and processed by us in the United States.
- To make our site easier to use. When you sign into your account, we use a cookie to make it quicker for you to sign-in whenever you return to Cropolis.
- To provide you with personalized content. We may store user preferences in cookies to personalize the content you see.
- To advertise with you. We, our service providers and other third parties we work with, may place cookies when you visit our or their websites or when you open emails that we send you, in order to provide you with more tailored marketing content, and to evaluate whether this content is useful or effective. For instance, we may evaluate which ads are clicked on most often and whether those clicks lead users to make better use of our tools.
- Google Analytics. In addition to the above, we have implemented on our websites and other services certain Google Analytics features.
- Online tracking. We currently do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other similar mechanisms that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our websites or use our services.
- Safety of children and COPPA. Our services are not intended for and may not permissibly be used by individuals under the age of 16. Cropolis does not knowingly collect personal data from persons under 16 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from such a person, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact our customer support team at email@example.com
- Contact Us
100 S Commons Suite 102
Pittsburgh, PA 15212